Yes, new and latest Windows 8, the so-eagerly awaited version of Microsoft is about to hit PCs. Oh wait, not only PCs, but Windows 8, unlike its predecessor Windows 7, will be for Windows tablet, too. According to unofficial sources, the release date of latest windows 8 has been set to October, 2012. Well, it shouldn’t be called the successor of Windows 7. It’s all unlike. The new thing here is the ‘Start screen’, while Windows 7, Vista, XP and all had a simple ‘Start Menu’. And while Windows 7 was simply an upgrade of its predecessor, this one shouldn’t be placed in the same slot.
Talking of ‘Start screen’, it is similar to the Windows phone. With a clean and colorful design, it is the best addition to the otherwise only-upgraded Windows family. Not only this, but there are many other new features added to this unlike version. To name a few: users can sign in using their Microsoft accounts; a new lock screen; new Windows Task Manager design; USB 3.0 support; Windows defender with anti-virus capabilities.
Also, there are two recovery functions: Refresh and Reset. Refresh restores all Windows files to their original state while keeping settings, files, and Metro-style apps, while Reset takes the computer back to factory default condition.
The formerly flag shaped logo has now been transformed into four window panes with added perspective. Its colour depends on user personalisation.Alas, you have to wait till October for this. But, the beta version has been released and is available on the Microsoft website.
You can check it here:
MORE ABOUT WINDOWS 8 FEATURES :
- Internet Explorer 10 will also be included as a Metro-style app, which will not support plugins or ActiveX components, but includes a limited version ofAdobe Flash Player.
- A new desktop version which will maintain legacy plug-in support is also included.
- Ability to sign in using a Microsoft account. This will allow for the user’s profile and settings to be synchronized over the internet and accessible from other computers running Windows 8, as well as integration with SkyDrive.
- Two new authentication methods: picture password, which allows users to log in by drawing three gestures in different places on a picture, and PIN log in, which allows users to authenticate using a four digit pin.
- Windows Explorer will include a ribbon toolbar, and have its file operation progress dialog updated to provide more detailed statistics, the ability to pause file transfers, and improvements in the ability to manage conflicts when copying files.
- Hybrid Boot will use “advanced hibernation functionality” on shutdown to allow faster startup times.
- Windows To Go will allow Windows 8 to boot and run from a bootable USB device (such as a flash drive).
- Two new recovery functions are included, Refresh and Reset. Refresh restores all Windows files to their original state while keeping settings, files, and Metro-style apps, while reset takes the computer back to factory default condition.
- Native USB 3.0 support
- A new lock screen
- New Windows Task Manager design
- Xbox Live integration (including Xbox Live Arcade and Xbox Companion)
- Storage Spaces will allow users to combine different sized hard disks into virtual drives and specify mirroring, parity, or no redundancy on a folder-by-folder basis.
- Family Safety will allow parents to protect their children on the internet, as well as monitor and control their PC and internet activities and usage.
- Windows Defender now has anti-virus capabilities, similar to those of Microsoft Security Essentials. It is intended to replace the Security Essentials package and function as the default anti-virus program.
So Share Your reviews with us by commenting below.